What are cookies?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded on to your computer, tablet, phone or any other device to access certain websites. Among other things, cookies allow a website to store and recover information on the browsing history of a user or their devices and, depending on the information that they contain and how they use their equipment used, they can be used to recognise the user. In no case can cookies damage your equipment. On the contrary, active cookies help us to identify and resolve any possible errors.
Types of cookies:
Depending on the ENTITY MANAGING THEM
– Own (cookies that are sent to a machine or domain managed by the Processing Manager, and from which the service requested by the user is provided).
– Third-party (cookies that are sent from a machine or domain that is not managed by the Processing Manager, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies).
Depending on the PURPOSE
– Technical (cookies that allow the user to browse the website, platform or application, use the different options or services that exist in it, and they make it easier for the user to share content on their social media of choice).
– Personalisation (cookies that help you remember information so that the user can access the service with certain features that might differentiate their experience from that of other users).
– Analytical (cookies that let the cookie manager monitor and analyse the user behaviour on websites they are linked to).
– Behavioural advertising (cookies that store information on users’ behaviour, obtained by continuously observing their browsing habits, devising a specific profile to show advertising accordingly).
Depending on the DURATION
– Persistent (cookies where the data is stored in the terminal and can be accessed during a period set by the cookie manager).
– Session (cookies designed to collect and store data while the user is on the web and when the requested service is being provided, disappearing when the session ends).
What cookies do we use?
Technical and configuration. These cookies are necessary to help make the website usable, enabling basic functions such as browsing and access to secure areas. The website cannot work correctly without these cookies. Duration: the browsing session.
Analytical (Google Analytics). These cookies help us to understand how users interact with the website by collecting and reporting information anonymously. Duration: permanent.
Behavioural advertising cookies (digital advertising campaigns for our theatres or shows contracted to third parties who run the website: membership, programming, social media, Google ads, display). These cookies help us understand the user’s behaviour. They monitor the user through devices and marketing channels. Duration: permanent.
How can I manage cookies?
In addition, the user has the chance to configure their browser to disable or delete cookies at any time. The following links offer information on configuration of various Internet browsers regarding cookie configuration.